Glen Waverley is an outlying district in Melbourne. It is a part of the country Victoria, Australia. The post code of Glen Waverly is 3150 and it’s Geo location is Latitude: -37.885652222222 and Longitude: 145.16517888889. The exact location of this town is almost 19 kilometers away from the central business district of Melbourne. This central business district is further situated in the city of Monash local government area. According to the census carried out in the year 2016, the total population of Glen Waverley was calculated to be 40327.
The settlement of the city began in the middle of the nineteenth century. Afterward, it underwent major development due to which it emerged as farming lands and orchards. The first post office in Glen Waverley opened on the first of July in the year 1885, namely Black Flat. The location of this post office was towards the southern part of the railway line.
In the year 1921, the name of the post office was changed from Black Flat to Glen Waverley. This name was again changed in the year 1963 to Glen Waverley South. The word “Waverley” had been derived from the name of Edinburgh’s train station, which was named after a novel.
The town underwent major development in the years from the 1950s to 1970s. This development consisted of some extremely well-managed housing projects; these houses were built keeping in mind the standard of living which prevailed in Glen Waverley. In the year 1971, Hooker Rex inaugurated the opening of the Legend Estate Park.
The housing projects are still being carried out on a massive level, with improvements and renovation being made to the already existing buildings. The government of the town is working towards dividing the larger blocks in small townhouse developments, in order to cater to the needs of the growing population.
Victoria had its first restaurant of McDonald’s opened in this very suburb, on the 12th of September 1973. The restaurant is situated on the Springvale road, right at the corner of the High Street.